Helping to Shape the Sound of Philly Soul : NPR Music
Thom Bell was one of the key architect in the developement of the signature sound that is known international as the "The Sound of Philadelphia." He also has joint ownership of the Mighty Three Music publishing house based in the city of Philadelphia, with Gamble and Huff as the other partners in the joint venture.
The business venture was founded in 1971 at the same time as Philadelphia Inernational Records and is still owned by Bell, Gamble and Huff. During the 1970s the label and publishing house was second largest black record company behind Motown Records.
©2009 RCM Music Ltd
"Living All Alone" Album- Featuring Thom Bell as executive producer with Gamble and Huff.
- "Living All Alone" - 5:12
- "First Time Together" - 4:06
- "If You Want Me" - 4:23
- "Slow Dancin'" - 4:37
- "Old Friend" - 4:55
- "You Just Don't Know" 4:18
- "Ain't You Had Enough Love" - 4:16
- "Screaming at the Moon" - 4:13
- "What You Won't Do for Love" - 4:04
- Leroy Bell: Guitar, Drums, Percussion
- Thom Bell: Synthesizer, Piano
- Carla Benson: Background Vocals
- Evette Benton: Background Vocals
- Daryl Burgee: Percussion
- Terry Burrus: Keyboards
- Mike Campbell: Guitar
- Randy Cantor: Keyboards
- Myra Casales: Percussion
- Brian Castor: Trombone
- Joe Fusco: Guitar
- Steve Green: Bass
- Reggie Griffin: Synthesizer, Guitar, Saxophone, Bass, Drum Programming, Drum Machine
- Cuca Hyman: Background Vocals
- Phyllis Hyman: Background Vocals, Whistle (Human)
- Casey James: Synthesizer, Percussion
- Ron Jennings: Guitar
- Juanita Johnson: Background Vocals
- Ron Kerber: Soprano Sax
- James King: Background Vocals
- Johnny King: Background Vocals
- Nick Martinelli: Percussion
- Cindy Mizelle: Background Vocals
- Alvin Moody: Bass
- Doug Nally: Drums
- Sam Peake: Saxophone
- Clifford Rudd: Drums
- Jim Salamone: Percussion, Drums
- Greg Scott: Tenor Sax
- Deborah Siler-Young: Background Vocals
- Herb Smith: Guitar
- Joseph Smithers: Trumpet, Flugelhorn
- Studio Brass: Horn
- Dexter Wansel: Keyboards
- Terri Wells Background Vocals
- Audrey Wheeler: Background Vocals
- Kae Williams, Jr.: Bass, Mirage, Keyboards, Piano
- Producer: Thom Bell, Terry Burrus, Kenny Gamble, Reggie Griffin, Leon Huff, Phyllis Hyman, Juanita Johnson, Nick Martinelli, and Dexter Wansel.
- Arranger: Thom Bell, Terry Burrus, Randy Cantor, Reggie Griffin, Nick Martinelli, Jim Salamone, and Dexter Wansel.
- Horn Arrangements: Larry Davis.
- Engineers: Pete Humphries, Arthur Stoppe, and Mike Tarsia.
- Assistant engineers: Randy Abrams, Poke, MacMinn, and Adam SilvermanScott.
- Mixing: Mike Tarsia.
- Executive producer: Thom Bell, Kenny Gamble, and Leon Huff.
- Photography: Jean Pagliuso.
- Clothing/Wardrobe: Cassandra McShepard.
- Make-Up: Allan Forbes.